City Service Information

2023 Spring Clean-Up

The City of Eureka Springs, Arkansas is proud to sponsor the “2023 Spring Clean-Up” which will begin on Monday, April 3rd at 8:00 A.M. and will end on April 7th at 3:00 P.M.


Residents must sign up prior to the week of pickup. Signups will be accepted starting March 1st and ending March 31st. To sign up to the list for pickup, please visit the Public Works office at 3174 East Van Buren, Eureka Springs, Arkansas 72632, or City Hall at 44 South Main, Eureka Springs, AR 72632. There is a ($20.00) twenty-dollar administrative fee per residence with accounts in good standing. The city will only pickup from the signed-up participants once during the week.


Non-hazardous bulky items such as old furniture and appliances must be placed curbside by 8:00 A.M. on Monday April 3rd. All smaller items must be in a manageable bundle(s) of less than (50) fifty pounds. The city will not pick up any hazardous waste such as batteries, electronics, tires, household garbage, appliances with coolant or freon, or yard waste. Electronics can be dropped off directly at the Carroll County Solid Waste Authority located at 3190 East Van Buren, Eureka Springs, Arkansas 72632.


If you have any questions, please contact Public Works at (479) 253-9600, email or stop by our office.




New Service and Changes should be made at the Public Works Office, 3174 E Van Buren, 7:00am - noon, 1:00pm - 4:00pm. Cash, check, credit and debit cards are all accepted as payment methods. 


Monthly payments may be made at the Public Works office, drop-box at the Public Works Department located at 3174 E. Van Buren, or online at the City website.  Arrangements may be made for monthly direct withdrawal from your checking account. 


After Hours Water Emergencies: Call the ES Police Department non-emergency number, 253-8666.



SWEPCO- Southwestern Electric Power, (888) 216-3523 serves most of Eureka Springs

Carroll Electric Cooperative, (870) 423-2161 

Open 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday; serves some areas on edges of city limits


Natural Gas:

Black Hills Corporation, (800) 563-0012



AT&T (800) 288-2020 for Land Line Service



Carroll County Solid Waste Authority, 706 S. Main, Berryville, (479) 253-2727

Trash disposal: Contact to discuss collection options. Sanitation fee is added to your water bill. Collection is on Wednesday or Thursday morning; have bags out by 6 a.m. Call to determine your collection day. Household waste must be placed in yellow bags, which may be purchased at Hart Family Center or City Hall. Cost is $9 for twelve 33 gallon bags and $7 for twenty kitchen size bags. You may put out as many yellow bags as you wish.



Carroll County Solid Waste Authority, 3190 E. Van Buren, (479) 253-2727

Curbside Collection: You will need to call CCSWA to have a free recycle bin delivered to you. Recycled items must be placed in these bins for curbside collection which is on the same day as your trash collection. Items in bin may include: aluminum cans, pie plates, foil, etc., steel cans, glass food & beverage containers, plastic bottles. Newsprint should be placed on top on bin, bundled or bagged. Remove all lids and place in regular trash. Corrugated cardboard collection available on call-in basis first and third Friday of month. Chipboard (cereal boxes, soft drink cartons, etc.) not accepted. 

Recycle Center: Open 7 am-4 pm, Monday-Friday. Located off Highway 62 East past Public Works. Will accept drop-off of all items listed for curbside collection, plus motor oil, cooking oil, magazines, office paper, junk mail, corrugated cardboard & large steel and aluminum items. 

Transfer Station: Industrial Park Road, Berryville. Disposal of large, bulky items for varied fees. Household Hazardous Waste trailer for: paint products, batteries, pesticides, fluorescent light bulbs, household cleaners, syringes; no fee. Household use only; no commercial waste accepted. Open 8 am-4 pm, Monday-Friday; 8 am-12 pm, Saturday.


Yard Waste:

Public Works Department, 3174 E. Van Buren., 253-9600 Hours: 7 am-4 pm

Yard Waste Collection: call office to be put on list; collected third Monday of each month. Leaves, grass clippings, twigs, branches. No vines, lumber, bamboo, or garbage. Bag smaller items.

Yard Waste Disposal: accepted at the Compost Facility every Wednesday, 8:00am - noon, 1:00pm - 3:00pm


Tree Removal: 

Trees over 4 in diameter must have a Tree Removal Permit before cutting. (See the License Section below.)


Burning Debris: 

A Burn Permit must be obtained from the Fire Department before debris can be burned. 253-9616.


Additional Services

Streets And Right of Ways:

Public Works Department, 3174 E. Van Buren., 253-9600 Hours: 7 am-4 pm

City road and sign maintenance, Snow removal, Maintenance of sewer plant.


Sidewalk repair and maintenance is the responsibility of the property owner.


Contact Arkansas One Call 1-800-482-8998 to locate buried utility lines before digging - ALWAYS.



Building Permit: needed for construction/trades work both interior and exterior. Homeowner may pull a permit to work on his/her own home, otherwise person/company doing the work must obtain permit. (They must have a valid Eureka Springs Business License.)


Contact Arkansas One Call 1-800-482-8998 to locate buried utility lines before digging - ALWAYS.


Certificate of Appropriateness: issued by the ES Historic District Commission. Historic District Commission must review ALL exterior property work within the Historic District boundaries, which is most of the city, even if a Building Permit is not needed. Application forms are available at City Hall. HDC meets the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 6 pm in the Courthouse. HDC Guidelines are available in the Historice District Commission section of this website. No fee.


Tree Removal Permit: No trees in the city over 4  inch bases diameter or 1  feet high may be cut without this permit. Issued by Building Official. $20 fee for inspection. Tree cuts of over nine trees must be approved by the Planning Commission.


Pet Licenses: Dogs and cats are to be licensed. $10.00 per year for animals that have been spayed/neutered; $30.00 for unaltered animals.


Pets: Good Shepherd Humane Society, 6486 Highway 62 East, (479) 253-9115, has cats and dogs available for adoption. Call for information on adoption fees which include spay/neuter and shots. They also have a Spay & Neuter Clinic at the shelter for pets of low-income owners.



Eureka Springs Elementary School,

156 Greenwood Hollow Rd, (479) 253-8704

Head Start through fourth grades


Eureka Springs Middle School,

142 Greenwood Hollow Rd., (479) 253-7716 

Fifth through eighth grades 


Eureka Springs High School,

2 Lake Lucerne Road, (479) 253-8875

Ninth through twelfth grades


Academy of Excellence,

157 Huntsville Road, (479) 253-5400

Private school using Abeka Curriculum ages 3yrs to 8th grade


Clear Spring School,

374 Dairy Hollow Rd, (479) 253-7888 

Private school, Pre-school through high school.


Adult Basic Education/GED

Boone County Adult Education Program: 

303 N. Main Street, Harrison, AR 72601

Phone: (870) 391-3198. 

Also offers On-Line GED Program.


Carroll County Adult Education Program,

804 W. Freeman Street, Suite 5

Berryville, AR 72616, Phone: (870) 423-4455


Higher Education

University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 

Northwest Arkansas Community College, Rogers 

Northwest Arkansas Technical Institute, Springdale 

North Arkansas College, Harrison; some classes available in Berryville.


Public Library

Carnegie Public Library, 194 Spring St., (479) 253-8754. See website for hours and information on special programs for toddlers, youth and adults; free magazine & paperback trading sections; inter-library loans; book sales, computer & internet access; community room. 


Recreational Opportunities

ES Parks & Recreation Commission Facilities: 

Harmon Park, 532 Spring St.: playground, outdoor stage, and dog park. Free. 

Lake Leatherwood, off Highway 62 West: downhill mountain biking, fishing, boating, canoe rental, swimming, hiking trails, camping, picnicking. Baseball and soccer fields.

Black Bass Lake Trail, entrance off US Highway 62 West across from Sherwood Court. Hiking, fishing around historic City Reservoir. 

Eureka Springs Schools Track, behind elementary school. Open to public. 

Berryville Community Center, 601 Dr. Spurlin Cr., Berryville, 870-423-3139. Indoor pool, track, basketball court, racquetball court, exercise classes, outdoor soccer field. Assembly rooms/kitchen. Fees.

Holiday Island, 8 miles north of Eureka Springs. Planned community with nine and eighteen hole golf courses, outdoor pool, tennis courts. Residence or membership required. Fees.


Public Transportation

Eureka Springs Transit System, 137 W. Van Buren, (479) 253-9572

Covers all areas of town. Monthly Pass for City of Eureka Springs and Carroll County residents. Share A Ride door-to-door service for senior citizens and those with disabilities is available by reservation. See website for more information. 


Carroll County Resources:Eureka Springs 

Carroll County Clerk's Office, (479) 253-8646 (Upstairs in Western District Courthouse)

Voter Registration

Marriage Licenses

Local real estate title information 


Carroll County /Arkansas Resources: Berryville

Motor Vehicle Licensing & Registration

Arkansas Revenue Office, 105 N. Spring Street, Berryville, (870)423-2046 

Bring: proof of liability insurance, title, copy of lien contract, Vehicle Identification Number.

Tax Assessor, 210 W. Church, (across the street) (870) 423-2388

Must have a personal property assessment prior to registration.

Driver License: No testing required if you have a valid out-of-state license that is not expired by more than 30 days. Otherwise, call for testing days, sites.

Area Agency on Aging/Senior Center, 201 Madison, (870)423-6114

Health Unit, 402 Hailey Rd., (870) 423-2923

Dept of Human Services, 614 Hailey Rd., (870) 423-3351